Meets john! He needs to download Facebook videos in Google Chrome without using any software on his PC.
Try many sites, but those sites sometimes work and then server down. After searching, he found an online Chrome Facebook video downloader that do a good job.
The another method is using a Google Chrome extension to download videos from the Facebook website. Right now, on Google Chrome play, there are a lot of extension popups to download a Facebook video. But most of the chrome extensions on the web are actually disabled. Some are crushed, and some servers do not respond. Here are the 2 extensions that work after our test.
- #1: Video Downloader Plus – Chrome extension by FDOWN
- #2: Save From Helper – Chrome extension by Savefrom
- #3: FBVideoDOWN – All-in-one online Facebook video downloader
#1. Video Downloader Plus
Video Downloader Plus by FDOWN is one of the best Chrome extensions to use to save FB videos. It does not host any videos on its servers. All videos that you download are downloaded from Facebook’s CDNs.
Here are major features of Video Downloader Plus:
- Download and save videos from almost all websites.
- Download multiple videos at the same time.
- Detects and saves any media type (.3gp, .mp4, .wmv, .flv, .swf, .mp3…)
- Record video streams online.
- Easy to use and FREE.
- No Ads!
- No Limits!
Let’s see how it works.
1. First, go to Video Downloader Plus, and then you go to the chrome store after that click on add extension in your browser.
2. Now enjoy playing any video in the Facebook feed. The extension will automatically fetch your playing video; you just need to click on the Download button.
Note: It does not allow downloading from Adult websites and does not allow downloading illegal/copyrighted content. Due to Chrome policies restricting to download of videos from Facebook.
#2. SaveFrom Helper
The second extension is Save From Helper.
To download Facebook videos in MP4 without leaving the Facebook website, you can install “Save From Helper”. It is a free browser extension that helps you to save preferred videos directly on Facebook. It adds additional functionality to your web browser, allowing you to download videos from Facebook while you watch them.
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to use SaveFrom Helper.
1. You can easily go to savefrom.net or find it in the Chrome web store. After open savefrom.net you see on the main page there is a box which says install the extension, click on it.
2. After that extension is downloaded on your PC or laptop, click it to install the file. Press “Yes” in the security system dialog and follow the installation instructions.
3. Download your favorite videos with a click from user pages, news feeds, or even comments. Move the mouse pointer over the link, a green arrow will appear. Click the arrow and choose the preferred video quality.
It is also easy to download Facebook videos in Google Chrome using an online Facebook video downloader like FBVideoDown. With fast server response, FBVideoDown is one of the best sites with a user-friendly interface. Now John is happy because he downloads Facebook videos any time with FBVideoDown and shares with friend cycles.
Let’s see how to download FB videos using FBVideoDown in Google Chrome.
1. On your Facebook feed or timeline, Click the Share or 3-dots button at the bottom of any video. Then Copy URL at the current.
2. Go to FBVideoDown. Then paste the URL and Click “Download”.
3. Click on “Download ” to start downloading the video to your PC.
Online Facebook video downloader VS. Chrome extension, which one to choose?
Now you think about why I chose these online web browsers and extensions and if I have the software to do the job, let’s talk about it. Due to the popularity of the Internet, the development of web apps has increased in recent years. If depending on your choice you are using a phone then the best is an online Facebook video downloader and on a PC time saver is the Chrome extension.
Using an online Facebook downloader to download Facebook videos
First of all, if you want to download videos on any device with software, you can pay a lot of money in the shape of a membership. And your subscription depends on a monthly or yearly base. But web browser downloaders like the FBVideoDown website are free of cost. In this way, you save a lot of money.
The only disadvantage of the web Browser downloader is copying and past links to download the desired video required all the time.
Use a Chrome extension to download Facebook videos
Unlike other types of apps, web apps don’t need to be updated very often. A Chrome extension that connects to a website is updated to the latest version. This is because developers want to make sure that what is happening in the code is common to everyone. Therefore, everyone who accesses the web app receives the same version. One of the best and big advantages is that downloading your favorite video with just one click saves time.
Cons: Sometimes the downloaded video is not fetched.
Now let’s talk about it. How to choose an online web browser or extension that is best for you?
Both are doing the same thing. But if you use a computer or an iPad device, the extension is perfect for downloading any video on social media sites. But if you want to download videos from mobile and share them with friends, then the Google Chrome extension is not for you. You can choose a web browser site as this protocol is designed to download any video with a simple user interface. It works on all devices and phones.